Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Toe"tally Awesome

Last week I had a GNO with my wonderful sister in law Hayley!! We went to the Capitol Theatre and saw Ballet West perform The Sleeping Beauty!!
When I first heard that BW was doing this particular ballet I knew I had to go! I LOVE Sleeping Beauty!! Hayley and I had talked about seeing The Nutcracker back in December, but the month was just to crazy! So I was really excited when we were able to find a time when we could both see this show!

It was amazing and beautiful! I always walk away from the ballet wishing I was a pretty ballerina!! Their ability to balance on a tiny piece of wood never ceases to amaze me!! It makes me want my own pair of point shoes.... just to wear..... just because!!

This ballet is also great because the music is so familiar! The orchestra would start playing and I could instantly picture where that piece of music fit into the Disney version!

Did you know that in the ballet version the Prince and Princess get a visit from Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf? I had no idea!! The the dance between The White Cat and Puss In Boots was very funny!!

I also love the costumes you see in ballets! The tutus are always so pretty!! And in this ballet some of the girls got to wear fairy wings!!

3 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

those pictures are amazing.. they make it look so easy! i saw a preview for this on tv the other day and thought how fun it would be to go to it. i'm jealous you went! i love the sleeping beauty story too.
i'm dying to see nutcracker too. i don't think i've ever seen it, but everytime i tell someone i named my daughter Claira i hear about the nutcracker. funny. so just the past month and a half has sparked my interest to go see the nutcracker and it's cute main character Clara :)

Amanda and Chad said...

so i just realized that my last comment was really long and probably made no sense! ha ha, sorry!!

Rachel and Kevin West said...

I had a chance to go to that last minute but I didn't want to get dressed... Glad you loved it!