Friday, July 29, 2011

All It Takes Is A Little Tin Foil and Primer

I have been working on this craft projects forever!! I finally got around to finishing them last Thursday and then I finally took the pictures off my camera last night so I can finally show the the end result!!

First, I found these really cute frames at a couple different stores and got them for really cheap!!
{The pink frame came from Big Lots, the green frame came from Hobby Lobby}
{This frame came from the DI}

I thought all three frames were so pretty but the colors didn't really go with my room! I had been reading a few different blogs and saw this really cool glazing technique that I thought would be perfect for these frames! Especially the brown one with all the detail it had!
I had to put tin foil on the green and pink frames because the glass wouldn't come it! That part of the project kind of turned out to be a pain! I also decided to use the tin foil on the brown frame so that the back, cardboard  part of the frame wouldn't get messed up!
I then got out my lovely yellow spray paint and went crazy on the green and yellow frames!! The pink frame looked pretty good but the green frame did not like my yellow spray paint!


So I had to make a trip to the store to buy some spray paint primer!! That stuff is fantastic! I have no idea why I didn't just prime in the first place!!



The yellow paint went on great once the primer was on!! No more green showing through!! I also primed the brown frame {having learned from experience....} and then painted it white.

The last part of the project was to try out the black glaze!! I probably should have taken more pictures while I was actually glazing so you could see what I did! But my hands were cover in black paint and I didn't want it to get all over my camera, so all you get in the finished products!





I am pretty sure I love them.... I think I might go back and add a little more glaze to the white frame so that the flowers stand out more!! And I think they will look a little better too when I finally add some pictures!!
{Sorry there is no picture of the formerly pink frame! It needs a little TLC in the form of acrylic glue before I can actually glaze it}

2 comments:

A Date with Pinterest said...

Super cute!!!

Amanda and Chad said...

i love how talented you are! those look awesome!