Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Special QWM


Yesterday was a holiday for the state of Utah, Pioneer Day. It's a day when we honor the sacrifice of the pioneers who made the long trek across the country to settle here. I know that I am SO thankful for them! I KNOW that I wouldn't have made it as a pioneer! I would have given up and turned back, or told everyone to go on without me and sat on the side of the road waiting to die. I am thankful for their unwavering faith and trust! And I am thankful they gave up everything they knew and loved to come here. I am thankful they pressed on even when things were exceptionally tough and they were being killed for what they believed.

They, the builders of the nation,
Blazing trails along the way;
Stepping-stones for generations
Were their deeds of ev’ry day.
Building new and firm foundations,
Pushing on the wild frontier,
Forging onward, ever onward,
Blessed, honored Pioneer!

No comments: