Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Down To Dixie

I finally got all the pictures off of my camera and got a few pictures from my parents camera so I can now officially tell you about my St George trip last month! It was a big family event with my family, my aunt Terri and uncle Rob, my uncle David, and one of my favorite people ever, my cousin Kandi and her family!! Look at her little boy, isn't he so dang cute?!?
I drove down with my brothers and SIL Thursday night so that we could have all day Friday to play! The next day they all decided to meet my parents at the lake and I decided to spend the day with Kandi, Raymond and Jayden! We did some shopping {I got a sweet new beach towel}, tried a new place for lunch {good sandwiches} and took power naps back at the hotel! But the best part had to be going to Jumping Jacks! It's this huge room filled with all kinds of bouncy stuff, houses, slides, obstacle courses.... We didn't want to let Jayden have all the fun so we bought socks so we could jump too!
Jayden and I went first. We climbed to the top of the slide together and he held my hand as we went down. About halfway down he flipped around and was going down head first!
He loved it though and by the end it was hard to tear him away!
Then I made Kandi climb to the top and go down the slide with me!!
SO much fun!!

We all had a blast! I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time! We were wild and crazy and bounced all over the place, right along with all the little kids!! It was great!!
{Please excuse how awful I look in the above picture..}
That night my mom, my sister, my SIL and I went to see the Little Mermaid at Tuacahn {go HERE if you missed that post}. It was the first time I had ever been and it was amazing!!

Saturday morning we went to the lake!! We all had so much fun that day!! So much so that it deserves its own post {coming soon!!}
Saturday night my whole family went back to Tuacahn to see Grease!! The show was really good and the music is always great! They also had lots of old fashion cars in the show and those were fun too see!!
If you've never been down there I definitely recommend it to you!!
{Again please excuse how crappy I look in this picture}

Sunday morning, after we checked out of the hotel, we decided to make at stop at "The Narrows." I don't know if that is the official name for them or not but it's what my family has always called them! It's this narrow gap between two rocks that you can shimmy your way through!!
This is what it looks like from the top looking down:
I did it once a few years ago, and once was good enough for me!! There was no way I was going to try to squeeze myself through that small space! But my brothers and SIL did the whole thing and my little sister did the last half. Good job guys on making it through!!

The view from the top of the narrows is beautiful! You can see the whole St. George valley down below surrounded by the amazing red rocks!

I think my family had a great time and I'm so glad that we were able to spend Fathers Day weekend together!!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

gosh, i just love your family! you are all such wonderful people.
st. george trips are the best! glad you had a good time. and i still can't believe we were in the tuacahn theatre at the same time and never even spoke :(