Friday, July 22, 2011

Mini Powell

Lake Powell isn't going to work out for my family this year. That is okay though, there is always next summer! But that doesn't mean we were completely deprived of Lake Powell. On our St George getaway we spend lots of time at Quail Creek down by Hurricane and we had a blast! My aunt told us that it is her mini Lake Powell since it is still surrounded by the red rocks!!
We blew up the tube and took turns out on the water!!
Sometimes being on the tube freaks me out.... I'm worried about jarring my neck or breaking me teeth {yes, I know that I worry to much...}! But it's always fun to get out there!!
{Me and Kaylee}

My brothers ride the tube together a lot and they can usually be found doing crazy things like no hands or switching places while they are moving!

I also tried to water ski on this trip..... and I still suck and cant get up!!

I think one of my favorite parts of that day though was when we went out to the middle of the lake, dropped anchor and jumped in to just play in the water!!

My mom jumped in!

And so did my dad!

And of course, my brother had to be fancy about it!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

looks like fun!

Unknown said...

So fun! Isn't family the bestest?!?!

Amanda and Chad said...

look at you on those water skis! what a cool picture! still looks like fun even if you didn't get up. we went boating over the weekend, and did the tube too. i loved it! i haven't been boating since we would go for young womens back in the day. remember that? we would do the big yellow water weanies. those were so fun!
anyways.. ha ha, my comment has dragged on. but, do you guys have your own boat now? you didn't have it growing up did you???