Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bugging Out

I hate bugs! 
I hate bugs of all kinds, shapes and sizes! They are at their worst when they are in the house!
Yuck!
I feel like we have bugs really bad this summer at my house. Maybe because of all the darn rain and moisture we got during the first half of the year. Earwigs, spiders, box elder bugs, beetles......
GROSS!! I hate it! I hate it a lot!!

The other night I got home pretty late and had a bunch of stuff I needed to carry into the house. The porch light was on and I didn't want to leave the door open because there were lots of icky bugs hanging out around the light and I didn't want any of them to sneak it. But I had an idea........


I got out my trust bug spray {this stuff is awesome!! Its got the cool sprayer thing that gets awesome distance so I don't have to be anywhere near the bug(s) to strike them dead. Plus is kills them right in their tracks! They seriously just fall over dead! Love it!!} and went crazy on the door! I sprayed the door frame, the door stop, the corners and I of course covered the entire door. And then I decided to spray the light since that is where all the bus were hanging out. I looked up and saw one of the most disgusting sights ever.... one of these bad boys.....


I had NO IDEA what the heck this kind of bug even was! And it was HUGE!! I am not kidding about this! I usually over exaggerate the size of the bugs I come in contact with but this sucker really was massive! Like the size of a walnut!!
After my initial scare I realized I had no reason to fear! I had my handy dandy bug sprayer and I could shoot that thing right of the wall no problem.

WRONG!!
I spray.... and sprayed..... and sprayed some more. All the while I kept hearing some weird noise. THE BUG WOULD NOT DIE!! And if that wasn't bad enough..... IT WAS HISSING AT ME!! Yes, hissing!! It was awful! A bug the size of Rhode Island, hanging out on the side of my house that was impervious to my bug killer! It has never let me down before..... what was going on here! I ran inside and grabbed a different bottle of bug spray {the kind you use when little bugs are eating the leaves on your flowers... it was worth a shot right?} and sprayed again. All I got was more hissing!! It didn't even phase it.
To make a long story short I have NO IDEA where the bug {which I now know is called a Watermelon Beetle or 10 Striped June Bug} ended up and I am more than a little freaked out about that!! Lets just say I never want to see one ever again!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my amanda!!! I would of totally freaked out. You are so brave for trying to kill it. Ewww

Amanda and Chad said...

you.are.awesome! how scary! i hate any kind of bugs too!