Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Book #12

I wouldn't say that I loved this book..... but it wasn't bad either. I guess I would have to say that this book was alright. It look kind of awhile to get going and as I have probably mentioned before I have a hard time with books like that!!

Elaine "Ellie" Harrison has just moved. Avalon High, seems like a typical high school with the stereotypical students: Lance the jock, Jennifer the cheerleader, Marco, the bad boy, and Will, the senior class president, quarterback, the student every girl wants and all around good guy. But not everyone at Avalon High is who they appear to be, not even Ellie herself.

The plot line was pretty interesting, I am all about retelling of classic tales {this one is about King Arthur}! But some of the writing was kind of annoying. It is told from a 16 year old girls POV so there were parts that I found really obnoxious and overly sarcastic!! But, the end got pretty exciting and I was glad I read all the way to the end!!

I am very excited about my next book!! It's the second book in the City of Ember series!! It should be a good one! But you may have noticed over there <--------------------
that is says I am currently reading Harry Potter!! It is true!! I debated whether or not to read it again {I just finished reading it back in November when the first half of the book came to theaters} so I came up with a compromise! I wouldn't read the whole thing... I would start where I new the 8th movie would pick up! So I started on the chapter titled "Shell Cottage" and now only have a few chapters left!! Only 2 and a half days people!! I cannot wait!

1 comment:

Ana said...

Loved the review, I have this book to read so now I know what to expect. Did you know they made a Disney movie of this too?