Sunday, November 23, 2008

Box Office Breaker

Good new my fellow Twilighters!! The movie was a HUGE hit this weekend! I don't know about you, but I really didn't doubt that it was going to be amazing! So, what are the totals for this awesome show you ask...... SEVENTY point SIX MILLION dollars!! Crazy huh!! It obviously came in at number one for the weekend with Quantum of Solace in second at only 27.4 million. That's at 43.1 million dollar difference!! Whoa!!
I thought the show was a great adaptation of the book and cant wait to see more (in case you didn't know, it has been CONFIRMED that they are doing New Moon)!! It's seriously all I have thought about all weekend long! I have already thought about the next time I can see it again! Hooray for the holiday weekend!
It also broke a record!! If you'd like to find out which one, and more about the number totals, here is the story: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org-twilight-sucks-up-706m-box-office-debut-ap

In other non-Twilight related news (I can just hear the sigh of relief from some of you), I just have to say the school is killing me right now!! I have SO much homework and I am pretty sure there is no way to get it all done! I feel like I am drowning in it!! In my Great Books class, I have to write a 7 page paper and then read it in front of my WHOLE class. There are only 8 other people in there, but still! Half of them are English majors, and my paper compared to theirs is going to be terrible!! Not looking forward to it!! Only three Mondays left though and then I will FINALLY be on my last semester of school!! Thank goodness!!

Hmmmm, what else.... Oh! I found the CUTEST fabric at the store the other day!! It's black with big cream polka dots on it and I really want to make it into a skirt!! The only problem...... I have NO IDEA how to sew!! My grandma tried to give me some quick lessons when she was sewing my Halloween costume, but I still don't know what I am doing!! I have never been that great at sewing... my TLC teacher gave me a C in sewing.... my lowest grade ever and I was seriously devastated by it!! Darn that mean lady! Anyway.... I am hoping to find a cute and simple pattern, so I can somehow figure it out myself!! One day I will have the cutest polka dot skirt...... one day....

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

Thanks for the twilight update! I was able to go see it on Saturday.. I was so excited!
I can't wait to see your polka dot skirt.. You are very creative so I am sure it will turn out so cute!