Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rollercoaster

Oh man! Life is so crazy sometimes…. well, a lot of the time, and today is no exception. It didn’t start of that great because I didn’t set my alarm so I woke up really late! Don’t get me wrong, sleeping in felt wonderful, but when you make up at 7:20 and have to be to the University of Utah at 8:00 that is a BIG problem. So I was rushing to get ready and made it out of my house just before 8 (pretty good time huh??). So I finally made it to the freeway, and of course (only because I was in huge hurry) there was an accident that slowed me down. It took me a whole stupid hour to make it up to campus.
The preschool wasn’t bad. The kids are always so funny and aside from the cleaning I had to do, it was a pretty low key day. After that I went up and met with my advisor and this is where my day started to pick up!! They found a place for me to do my internship next semester, which is a HUGE blessing, since the program has been full for awhile. And guess what that means….. I WILL BE GRADUATING IN MAY 2009!! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this!! Only about 6 months and then I will be done with school forever!!
The good day kept going as I drove to Fort Union and got Café Rio for lunch!! Mmmmm, I sat in the restaurant eating my chicken burrito and reading my Twilight book. I then went over to Target and found myself a pair of black rain boots with polka dots all over them! No more wading through the lakes at my work!! And then I went and got gas. More happiness as it only cost me $29.00 to fill up my whole tank!!
Then I had to go to work, but I made a pit stop on the way in. I went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got a Chocolate Cheesecake Carmel Apple to share with everyone in my department. If you have never been there, I STRONGLY suggest you go!! They have AMAZING stuff there!!
And then I get to work…… and my rollercoaster day heads back down. It’s a really long, crazy story, but basically some stuff is going to possibly happen and my job that I am really not happy about. I should probably talk to my manager about it, but I am a big wimp. ***sigh***
So, hopefully my day has some kind of trend and things getting better when I leave work. I am crossing my finger.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay! I'm glad you had such a good day (at first), it sounds fun. I want Cafe Rio!! YUMMIE.. and that's so awesome you got your Internship! Where will it be?? Yay for Amanda graduating!! :)

But, oh no!? What's happening at work?

Amanda and Chad said...

I am so happy they found you a place in the internship program! I bet you are so excited that you can't even stand it!! Congrats on graduating in 6 months!