Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

How amazing is it that there is a whole day set aside for us to remember all of the things we are thankful for! But as great as it is to remember and express our gratitude today, we should really do it all the time!
I just wanted to list some of the things I am the most thankful for!

*I'm most thankful for my family! They drive me crazy sometimes, and I'm not as nice to them as I should be, so I am so grateful they put up with me!
*I'm also really grateful for my friends! What would I do with you?! You make me laugh and are there when I need to talk! THANKS!
*I'm thankful for my job. Weird huh?? But really, there are people out there that cant find work, and I know that is so hard for them!! My work has been so great to work with my crazy school schedule and my co-workers aren't half bad either!
*I'm thankful for my car! It's old and slow and makes lots of funny noises, but at least I have one!
*I'm thankful for the United States of America! Our country truly is amazing and I'm so glad I am a citizen!
*I truly appreciate our armed forces and the huge sacrifice they make to keep us all safe.
*I'm grateful that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I get so many blessings and I to often don't express how glad I am for them!
*I'm so thankful for Thomas S. Monson, the President of the church. He is such an amazing man and I love listening to him speak! I'm also thankful for all of the past presidents!
*I'm thankful for the house I live in and the fact that I get my own room!
*I'm thankful for the beautiful mountain I see when I look out my window. They are always so beautiful whether they are covered in snow, pretty fall colors, and the blue of the spruces!

The list goes on and on! I'm sure there are some other big things I have forgotten, but I'm thankful for them to! And there are lots of little things I'm thankful for too, like: my cell phone, my flat iron, manicures, good books, high heels, lip gloss, music, in door plumbing, laser hair removal, flowers, Slurpees, digital cameras, my down comforter, the piano, email, and movies. Again, I could probably go on all day about the little things that make my life better!!
So HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!! I hope everyone's day is wonderful and you get to spend it with the ones that mean the most to you!

"Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done. Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings. See what God has done."

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

I love your list, it was so fun to read! And you, the girl who got kicked out of piano lessons, are thankful for the piano?!?!?! HA HA!! That is one of my favorite stories!