Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Travel Bucket List

Traveling is one of my most favorite things to do. I have gone to some great places and I have even been luck enough to travel out of the United States. It was such an awesome experience and I would LOVE to do it again!!
I am always saying "Oh that's on my list of places to go" when people talk about places they've been or when I see something cool in a movie. So I just though I would write down my Travel Bucket List!

1- Washington D.C. :I NEED to see the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the war monuments, etc.
2- Gettysburg: I'm a big fan of history
3- Boston
3- Philadelphia: The Liberty Bell, the birth place of the Declaration of Independence, how cool!!
4- New York: This includes (or course) Time Square, Rockefeller Center, the Statue of Liberty and a Broadway musical! But I also want to go to upstate New York where Joseph Smith and his family lived
5- Nauvoo & Carthage Jail (My Great, Great, Great Grandfather was with the prophet when he died there)
6- The Sacred Grove
7- Mount Rushmore
8- New Orleans
9- Forks, Washington (Haha)
10- The Redwood Forest
11- The Grand Canyon
12- Yellowstone
13- The Northern Lights in Alaska
14- Whale watching off the northern Pacific coast
15- Hawaii: Pearl Harbor, pretty beaches and pineapple fields

And that is my list of things to see in the U.S. (I'm sure if I sat here long enough, I could think of tons more)! Now onto the rest of the world!

1- Egypt- How amazing would it be to see the pyramids!! I don't know if they are currently on the 7 Wonders list, but they should be!! They look amazing!! And you cant leave Egypt without seeing the Sphinx!!
2- Greece- The water looks so blue and pretty!! I would also love to see the Parthenon
3- The canals of Venice
4- The view from the Eiffel Tower (yeah.... I missed this one. Long, sad story......)
5- I can never see enough London
6- Scottish castles
7- White cliffs of Dover
8- Pretty, green Ireland
9- Germany (One short stop in the airport was not enough)
10- The Great Wall of China
11- Burj Dubai, the tallest building in the world in Dubai
12- Angkor Wat an amazing temple in Cambodia
13- The Taj Mahal
14- Mt. Everest, from the base of course!!
15- The Great Barrier Reef, the Australian Outback and the Sydney Opera House
16- The Pyramid at Chichén Itzá
17- Machu Picchu in Peru
18- The Kremlin in Russia

So yeah, I pretty much want to see it all!! Who wants to go with me?!?!

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

Count me in! That's a great list- I want to go!

Nicole said...

Me too! Me too!