Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Not Buying It

I think I must looks like a really big push over when I go to the mall!! I almost always get stopped by those stupid people at the kiosks!!! They must have some kind of radar to pick out people, like me, that have a hard time saying no to them!!
I NEVER want to stop at their kiosk!! If I wanted what they were selling I would walk up to the cart myself!! And I feel bad telling them no....... I'm worried I am going to hurt their feelings!! That is SO stupid of me {I know I'm weird okay....}. But why do I care if I hurt their feelings?? The whole thing usually ends with me AND them upset!!
I hate that they come up and offer me a sample of something and then drag me over to their cart to show me other crap for "just a few seconds." Just a few seconds always turns into 15 minutes! I hate that!! I don't have time to sit and listen to their stupid spiel on why I should buy their stuff!!!

Back in October I got stopped by the Dead Sea kiosk people. You know the one right?? With the cool nail file things {they really are pretty awesome}. Well my friend had already bought me one as a gift, so I didn't need another one!! Well the girl of course had another product to show me {they ALWAYS have just one more thing.....}. It was some kind of face wash/moisturizer/toner set. She used some of it on the top of my hand and then had me compare the differences! She was saying things like "wow, isn't that amazing" and "what a big difference." Ummmmm, I couldn't see any difference! If I hadn't known which hand she used it on I wouldn't have been able to tell you which one had the lotion on it!!
So we went back and forth, me telling her the WHOLE time I couldn't afford it! She told me she would give me the "Manager Special" because she really liked me and I had beautiful skin and my skin deserved this nice face wash. She even offered me the "Family & Friends Discount" which she NEVER gives to any one..... but she'd do it just for me!! I think I had to tell her NO over 7 times!!
And of course the lady was ticked! She had just wasted 15 minutes of both of our lives trying to get me to buy her stuff and I wasn't going to take it! And she then proceeded to tell me "Fine, it's your gross, disgusting skin"! JERK!! I picked up my stuff and walked away!! All I know is that no one from the Dead Sea kiosk better EVER ask me to try their stuff again because they will get an ear full from me!!!

And then today I got stopped by some hair tool place {I didn't even look at the name}. And of course this guy was telling me how beautiful my hair was and I deserved a nice straightener {yeah...... heard that one before buddy.......}
I knew the second that he stopped me that I would NOT be buying his product! I am perfectly happy with my flat iron! And I have a whole container full of every size curling iron so I really don't need one of those either.
The dumb guy flat ironed a piece of my hair {I just happened to curl my hair this morning} even though I told him I had to go back to work and would prefer he didn't straighten any of it!! And then he started brushing out my curls {yeah..... my hair is super frizzy and ugly now...... thanks sir} and re-curling them with his flat iron and curling iron.
It was seriously like deja vu!! He also told me he would give me the "Family & Friends Special" because he liked me {where have I heard that one before...} but I couldn't tell ANY ONE about it {oops!!}. He said he could sell me one curling iron for $90.
Okay.... that is really not a horrible price for a high end curling iron...... BUT..................
It's DECEMBER for crying out loud!! There are only 23 days til Christmas and I haven't purchased one thing for any one!! Not to mention all the birthdays this month!! How could I possibly spend that kind of money on MYSELF when I have gifts I want to buy for others?!?!
How did I finally get away from this guy?? I told him that I paid all of my bills yesterday and that I didn't think my check would clear the bank if I wrote one out to him!! That shut him up pretty quick!!! And of course he was mad at me too {shocker}!!!!!

So I have decided I need to be more blunt and forceful and not care if I hurt their feelings because I wont look at their stuff!!! They ALWAYS make me late for work and they always make me feel bad that I wont buy their stuff!! So from now on it's only this from me:

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

haha!! so hilarious!! those people drive me crazy too. i've just learned not to even look at them, i just ignore them as i walk on by. did she really tell you it was your "gross disgusting skin?" ha! that is awful! i can't believe that.

Rachel and Kevin West said...

You are so funny! I have your solution, don't go to the mall! jk I always just walk by and look the other way and ignore them if they try to talk to me.

Ha, just read Amanda's comment.