Monday, December 27, 2010

Spoiled

Christmas came and went WAY to fast this year!  I even started listening to Christmas music shortly after Halloween {not ALL time okay.... but a good chunk of it.....} to try to get into the Christmas mood!! But despite all of that, it still came and went with out much notice! I hate that!! Next year will be much better!!

Christmas at my house this year was wonderful! I spent Christmas Eve with family and friends eating yummy food {thanks to my parents} and playing fun games {I am still not a Rock Band champ!}. I stayed up really late wrapping presents and watching Christmas movies on TV!

Before I went to bed my mom had started putting presents out under the tree..... I told her she had to STOP, that couldn't put any more out until I was asleep!! One of my favorite things about Christmas day is walking around the corner and seeing all the presents piled under the tree!
One or two small packages under the tree is okay during the weeks leading up to the big day but I love the anticipation of waking up the next morning and seeing everything Santa brought!!

I was extremely spoiled by my family and friends this year! I was also surprised by a lot of the presents! As you get older, it gets harder to be surprised {for me anyway....}, but this year my parents were so sneaky!! I had wanted some perfume that I was positive I wasn't getting because my mom told me she had missed the order by date!! Little did I know that was all an act!!
I got everything I asked for and more off of my list! Like I said..... I was very spoiled!!!
The biggest surprise of all though was this:
A brand new Kindle!!! I cannot even describe how excited I am about this!! I LOVE to read, so this is perfect for me!!
I don't remember specifically telling either of my parents how awesome a Kindle would be..... but I must have mentioned how cool I thought they were at some point, because my awesome Dad remembered and picked it out for me!! My Dad is so great with that kind of thing!! He makes awesome mental notes about things he hears you say you want throughout the year and then surprises you with it later on!! He is the best!
I have already downloaded a few books onto it....... first book downloaded....... Pride and Prejudice!!!!

Christmas day was spent with family!! My brother and sister-in-law came up in the late morning so we could all open family gifts together!! My little sister got me a REALLY cute apron and I am SO excited to use it!!
We spent the afternoon visiting grandparents and other family members!! I also got the chance to talk to my wonderful friend Christine {who is currently serving a mission in AZ} via Skype!!!
After all the days activities, my family went back to my parents house to watch Despicable Me!! We put the movie in, grabbed blankets and pillows, and within the first 8 minutes on the movie, 4 out or 7 people were asleep!!! Haha!!

It was such a great few days!! I love this time of year and I'm dreading taking my Christmas tree down!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

i love a christmas post in july! makes me get excited for the next few months leading up to december! looks like you did get spoiled- i dont think the magic of christmas will ever fade the older we get!