Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On The 2nd Day of Christmas

For my Dad's birthday this year my family went to see The Forgotten Carols! This is probably one of my most favorite Christmas traditions! The story and the songs never get old for me! And they always help me feel the spirit and ALWAYS make me cry!!
This year was extra special! My entire immediate family was there!! All 7 of us!! Even the boys who hate musical type things {including my brother who is not active in the church at all}!! I had a prayer in my heart all night that that this particular brother would feel something! Especially on songs like Let Him In, He Was Here, and Three Kings Found the Lord.
At the end of the show they sing a songs that has the phrase "We can be together forever some day" in it..... they ask you to link arms with the person next to you and then sing the line with them as you think about someone that couldn't be there at the show with you, but you want to be with them forever. Last year I thought about my brother..... So this year I could barley sing along as I saw my little brother {who I never dreamed would come with us} sitting a few seats down from me!!!
I also love it at the end of the show when they announce no more clapping and then everyone sings Silent Night together. There is such peace in the room! An entire auditorium of people singing the hymn together and harmonizing to boot!! Just beautiful!!

So today's Christmas thought is from The Forgotten Carols! If you have never heard them, I HIGHLY recommend them!!
This song is my FAVORITE and I start crying from the moment the intro starts! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

i've never been to forgotten carols, but every year want to go sooo bad! i just always put it off and then it's too late. one year, i WILL make it!! i had no idea about your brother.. thanks for sharing!

Rachel and Kevin West said...

This is the first year I have missed the Forgotten Carols in years. LOVE the show! I'm so glad you were able to go with your ENTIRE family.