Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Puppy Love

When I was younger we had the BEST dog ever!! Her name was Mika and she was seriously
the perfect dog!! She was so mellow about everything but also loved to play with you!! She wasn't very good at fetch though!! She loved to go after the ball, but bringing it back...... nope!!
She got really sick a few years ago..... poor puppy!!! I think her kidneys were failing!! She died on my lap one day in May.............. I cried and cried!!! She was such a sweet dog!!

After that my parents vowed they would never get another dog!! They said no dog could replace Mika and no dog would be as good as Mika!! They said we could get our own dog when we had our own house!!
So imagine my surprise when I came home Saturday night to find this little guy in my parents kitchen.....
 Isn't he SO stinkin' adorable?!?! Look at his big, brown, puppy eyes!!!! Love at first sight if you ask me!!! He belongs to my brother and is a black lab/border collie mix!! I love his floppy little ears!! And his constantly wagging tail!!

This little sweet puppy can sleep any where!! He is pretty funny about it actually! He will sprawl out on the cold tile, lay underneath chairs and across the elliptical machine!!!

And he is a big fan of chewing on things!! Espeically things that are off limits {like shoes, the table, coats, the carpet....}!!!

He is SO different from Mika {I think he will actually play fetch with us one day} and will get much much bigger than she ever was!!

He cant replace Mika..... no dog ever could!! But we are excited to start loving him just as much!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

as much as i hate dogs, i do have to say he is a pretty cute one!!