Friday, April 1, 2011

Book #6

This morning I only had a few pages left of this book, so instead of waiting all the way until lunch time to finish, I read while I ate my cereal!!
I heard about this book a few months ago and after reading the back cover I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it or not. I'm not a huge science fiction fan, but I did like The Host, so I added this one to my list.

"In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.
The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I really liked it {other than there seemed to be a lot of swearing...}, the only problem..... It's the first in a series! AHH!! And it's currently the only one published!! The next one doesn't come out until August 23rd {just in time to add it to my birthday wish list}!! I have a hard time being patient for books in a series to come out!! It killed me to wait for the Harry Potter books!! And the final Hunger Games series book!! And who could forget that looooooong summer waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out?!?
It's probably a good thing that my book list is so long and I will have plenty of other books to read in between that time!

This book was also just made into a movie!!

I actually saw the movie before I read the book and that was one of the reasons I decided to read it. I knew that the book would give more background information and would have lots more detail.! I am pretty sure I am going to need to own this movie... one reason being that the guy who plays John Smith is pretty dang good looking!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

i've seen the previews to this movie.. but didn't know there was a book too! maybe i'll have to read the book first!