Thursday, May 26, 2011

Must.... Keep..... Reading.....

Have you noticed that "The Book Thief" has been in my "Currently Reading" spot F.O.R.E.V.E.R?!?

I don't know why it is taking me so long to get through this book! I think it is just short of 600 pages and I finally made it to page 379.
It was a book club book and I was supposed to have finished it on May 18th so I could go to the discussion, but that obviously didn't happen!
For some reason it is taking me so long to read this book!



It was due back to the library on Monday and I still hadn't finished! I considered just giving up and reading a plot summary on Wikipedia or something..... but I just cant! I have put way to much time into this book to give up now! So I put it back on hold on and hopefully I will get it back soon so I can find out what happens!!

This is the last thing I read:

"'I couldn't help it,' he said...'I could see outside. I watched, only for a few seconds.'
He had not seen the outside world for twenty-two months...
It was Papa who spoke.
'How did it look.'
Max lifted his head, with great sorrow and great astonishment.
'There were stars,' he said. 'They burned my eyes.'"

It kind of brought tears to my eyes.... but Holocaust stuff will always do that too me!
More to come soon... hopefully!

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

This is my favorite book! Stick with it, you'll be so glad you did!!!

Nicole said...

Awww I love The Book Thief! BUT it did take me a long time to read it. But like your friend up ^^^ there said it is very much worth it. Promise!