Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm Dreaming Of A White Summer

At the rate Utah is going we could seriously be having snow in June! You think I'm lying?! Well, for anyone who is not in Utah, and may currently be enjoying some fabulous spring like temperatures, let me just show you what we are dealing with!  
This was the view from my bedroom window at the beginning of April! I was pretty ticked at Mother Nature because, seriously, by that point be should have been enjoying temperatures somewhere in the high 60s maybe even low 70s!!

Maybe I shouldn't have said so many mean thing about Mother Nature.... because this is what she sent next:  
Look at all the dang snow!! This was towards the end of April!! Not even cool!! I'm not good at guessing how many inches were out there, but it was a lot!! WAY To much for the end of April!!



Look at that poor tree!! There was so much snow and it was so heavy that it was weighing the branches down!! Needless to say I was not pleased when I had to dig my car out that morning!!

For a few days after that I was scrapping ice off my car windows in the morning before I could leave for work!! I had to dig my stupid scraper stick out of my trunk and crank up the heater!!

It is the the middle of May and it has been raining for 4 days straight! Aren't the showers supposed to be in April so we can being enjoying the flowers this month? But I shouldn't complain! Rain is much better than snow! Guess what I saw on the news this morning though? SNOW, in central Utah!! Sorry all you people down by Beaver!! I hope it melts quick!!!

I need the weather to get sunny soon!! My car needs a bath pretty bad and I have lots of things I need to spray paint!! The rain is killing my craftiness!! So here's to hoping that the sun really will be out on Saturday!!

And anyone who is currently dealing with flooding... I am SO sorry!! I have seen so many pictures from the Midwest and they look awful!! I'm crossing my fingers that things will start to dry up for you soon!! And anyone that is walking around in 70 degree temps..... we're all jealous!! Soak up some sun for me!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

i'm so angry about this weather too!!! seriously, it gets me down! i heard that cedar city is getting hit with snow right now, so it's only a matter of time before it hits me and i'm not too happy about it!