Friday, May 27, 2011

Everything's Coming Up Poppies

I have had the same favorite flower for a really long time.... the Gerber daisy!

They are just so big, fun and bright!!

They are just a happy flower in my opinion!!

My roommate loves them too and often buys them for our apartment!! She was so sweet and bought all of these beauties a few weeks ago.. just because!!


 And she gave me these wonderful pink ones for Easter!!
{Looking back at these pictures I realize that some of them look really sad!! I should have taken pictures when she first gave them to me!! They were gorgeous!! The Easter ones were at least 10 days old at that point and the other ones were at least 7}

But I think there is another flower that may just take the daisies place... Poppies!!
I don't know what it is about these little flowers, but I love them!!


I don't think I had ever paid much attention to the poppy until I went to Italy. The hillsides were covered in them and they were growing everywhere!! I think that is when I decided I really like them!
I brought that flower home with me!! Fortunately I was carrying a book with me {Twilight......} and after I picked the flower for the picture, I put it between the pages of my favorite book to dry and press it! I still have it in my Europe journal!!

I was at the store the other day buying potting soil and seeds and saw a flat of beautiful white poppies already in bloom! I wanted them so badly! I just think they are beautiful!
Some day I want a garden full of poppies! Right next to my cherry blossom tree and palm tree!! My yard is going to be sweet!!
{P.S. I got The Book Thief back from the library yesterday! I am bound and determined to finish the last 171 pages this weekend!!}

1 comment:

Nicole said...

SO pretty!

Let's go to Italy!