Thursday, November 18, 2010

Confessions of a Cookie Monster

Okay.... so I know a few days ago I had a post complaining about all my stupid weight loss stuff! Well, I feel as if I must confess! Like I said, I haven't had much motivation lately but on top of that I have a new obsession..... COOKIES!!! It is not helping my weight loss goal at all!! In fact, it's totally counterproductive!!
I don't know what it is lately but I am just addicted to cookies!!

It started with getting a huge box of Oreo's from a girl at work. I was using those Oreo's to make "Oreo Balls of Goodness" for her wedding reception. Well looking at all those Oreo's make me want to eat some stupid Oreo's! So I had go by my own package! Now in my defense I did buy the reduced fat kind {that makes it acceptable right?!?!}.
Well, that was only the beginning!! It's getting really cold outside so one day while at the store I bought a box of hot chocolate mix. I was still thinking about cookies and then I had the greatest memory.......... hot chocolate and grasshopper cookies!! Mmmmmmm!! You bite a little piece of the cookie off each end and then suck hot chocolate through the cookie!! It melts in the inside of the cookie and makes it taste even more delicious. So...... I bought a package of those.
And then when I was at the store picking up milk and spinach I just had to have some cookies!! And the fantastic Milano cookies were on sale....... so I bought some {p.s. they were the strawberry kind!! Yum}!!
And then on Tuesday I was at my parents house and my mom and I made some of the most delicious cookies ever!! She had found these limited edition chocolate chips at Target! They were a mix of dark chocolate chips and mint chips! We followed the recipe on the back and made Mint Delight cookies! Yes, they were VERY delightful!! SO good! SO chocolaty!! Just thinking about them makes my mouth water!
How did I justify eating so many of those minty good cookies you may ask?! My mom and I had just come home from a kickboxing class!! Totally acceptable and SO worth it!!
And then there is the dumb vending machine at work! It is right by my office!! Back when I started my whole weight loss thing I was tempted by the dumb machine! Well not long after I started our vending machines got repoed!! HAHAHAHA!!! The guy that usually filled them wasn't paying his bills!! True story!!
A lot of people were bummed about it! Me?? I was pretty dang excited! I no longer had that temptation right across the hall from my office! Well, we have a new vending machine! And the guy that fills it is awesome! And guess what always in there?? COOKIES!! Grandma's Homestyle cookies!! They are so good and soft! And I will not lie, I already had one today!!!




So I need to get over this addiction soon!! It's just not working for me {even if the cookies are so yummy}! Why can't I get addicted to carrots or celery or something?!?!

No comments: