Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Challenge

*~*Day 4

I am so grateful for digital cameras!!  Remember the "olden day" cameras.... with film?!? You had to take a picture, and hope that it came out okay! You had no idea if the lighting was right, if eyes were closed, if it was blurry,or if you even caught the subject.... the list goes on!! And then to see those pictures you had to pay to develop the whole roll of film!! If your pictures were like mine, more that half of them were crappy and got thrown away!! And with those old cameras you only had about 26 shots before you had to rewind the fill and then switch it out! All the while you could possibly be missing some really good shots!!
Now with that said, I do still think those good old cameras are pretty cool!! I took a photography class in high school and I {LOVED} the whole developing process!! There was just something so exciting about going through that round door into the dark room!!!

But.................................
It is so nice to instantly see the picture you took, to know if you need a re-do!! It is so amazing to be able to take hundreds of pictures on one small memory card!! I remember that with my film camera I was always really picky about what I took pictures of {because I only had so many shots}!! Now I take hundreds of pictures of one thing, just because I can!!! You can easily delete any crumby ones later!!
And then you can print only the ones you want!! They can instantly be put into your computer for many uses, instead of having to scan them in one by one!

So I {LOVE} my digital camera! I carry it with me every where and always will!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

how did we ever survive without digital cameras?! so crazy to think about!!