Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Promise I'm Still Thankful!!

It was one of those weekends...... starting late Thursday evening and on through Sunday night. This probably sounds horrible, but if I would have been on here blogging about things I am grateful for it probably would have been things like "I am grateful that the mean dealer that yelled at me took a loss on an SUV he tried to sell" or "I would be grateful if that jerk that cut me off in traffic and almost made me crashed would get pulled over".
It was just one of {those} weekends!!
So I know I have to play catch up because I really am thankful for SO many things!!

*~*Day 5
I am extra grateful for electricity!!
Sometimes I think we forget the simple things! Or we just take them for granted........... like electricity! I'm sure pretty most everyone has seen this picture, but it is always a good reminder:
There are still some parts of the world that are completely dark!! And it's almost 2011!! Now, I know that some places are frozen tundras or vast deserts where people do not live...... but look at the middle part of Africa!! I KNOW that people live there! And they have no light!! That just seems so crazy to me!!
How lucky are we that we can flip a switch and get light WHENEVER we want??

Electricity also runs many other things that I am grateful for.... like my flat iron, the dishwasher, the microwave, my computer........ I really don't know how I would get through multiple days with out the luxury of electricity!!

I REALLY am thankful for it! And for all of its many uses!! I am thankful that I am lucky enough to live in a place that always has electricity!!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

i agree! i'm so thankful for electricity! it's crazy to sit down and really think how my life would be without any electricity at all...