Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Crazy Hot Day With A Psychopath

On Monday we all went to Universal Studios!! I don't think I have been there since I was around 15 so it's been a looooooong time!!! I was excited for the new rides and to take the Back Lot Tour!!
I was SO hot that day!! And Universal Studios has hardly any trees or shady areas!! THANK GOODNESS for the big industrial size fans that blew freezing cold air and mist in the {Cool Zones}!! I could have stood in front of those fans for hours!!



Our first ride was The Simpson's Ride. I honestly wasn't too excited about it! I am not a big Simpson's fan, but it was the first ride we came to and the wait time was only about 10 minutes so we decided to go on it. This ride took the place of the old Back to the Future ride and even though I do not like the Simpson's, the ride was actually pretty awesome!! The first thing I thought though as the ride got going was {I am going to be sick}!! I am becoming a wimp I guess, but it was a pretty crazy, wild ride!!! A lot of fun though!!

We then headed down to the lower lot to ride 2 of the best rides: Jurassic Park and The Mummy!! Guess what..... there was NO wait for either ride!! We walked right on the both of them!!! {Awesome}
The Mummy roller coaster was sweet!! Really fast, really dark, cool effects!! Loved it!!! And the Jurassic Park ride was just what we needed to cool off!! We all got pretty drenched!!!
**Look at my shirt!! And my pants!!! I was soaked!! It felt wonderful!!

After stopping for lunch we decided to go to the other side of the park to ride the Back Lot Tour ride. When we got over there the wait time was 50 minutes. We decided to wait because 50 minutes really is not that long................ {BIG} mistake!!! I have no idea how they calculate their wait times, but it was SO off!! We stood in that stupid line for more than 2 and a half hours!! It was ridiculous!! And SO hot!! And half of the time in outside.... in NO shade!! The little mist-ers were doing NOTHING to help with the crazy heat!! One poor person threw up in line because it was so hot {sure you wanted to know that!!}
At one point we almost decided to get out of the line and skip the ride all together!! But we had seriously been standing there for 2 hours at the point and I hated the thought of walking away and wasting all that time in the heat for nothing!!! So we stuck it out and FINALLY {probably almost 3 hours later} made it onto a tram!


I'm glad we waited!! I love all that behind the scenes stuff and there were a lot of new things!! The last time I was there they had the cool town square with the clock tower that was used in Back to the Future. That burned down not to long ago so they have rebuilt a lot of new sets! They also had to rebuild the King Kong part of the tour because that burned too!!
We got to see some of the cool things they do to make a car look like its exploding/crashing, we saw some sweet cars that were used in movies like {Little Rascals}{The Mummy}{Fast & the Furious} and {Back to the Future} and of course Jaws made his appearance!!!


We also went past the Bates Motel and a crazy scary guy with a butcher knife totally chased our tram!! I will not lie............ I was freaking out!!

**Look how creey he is!! He was seriously {running} after us with a huge knife!! Ahhh!!
One of the coolest part of the tour though was going past this huge area where they have filmed tons of movies {including Apollo 13 and War of the World}. There is currently a set built there was a HUGE blue screen!!
Our tour guide told us that because they are still shooting he was technically not allowed to tell us what was being filmed. But he gave us some clues: {It is the 4th in a series} {It's rated ARRRRRR}......... any ideas??? Cue {Pirates of the Caribbean music now}!
We also took a drive down Wisteria Lane. Never seen as episode of Desperate Housewives but the street was really cute! One of the houses on the street, used now for DH, used to be the Musters house!! I thought that was pretty cool!!


 So, after the tram ride, we were all pretty much done!!! It was SO hot and after standing, in the heat, for so long, we just couldn't take any more!! We thought about going back to the other side of the park to ride Jurassic Park again {So we'd be wet} but we didn't want to deal with the slow escalators {they seriously need to speed those things up}!!!
So we headed back down to Anaheim to cool off at our hotel with out riding the Shrek Ride. I was devastated...... {NOT}!! I am not a Shrek fan!! Haha!!


So I have to add this picture because it is one of my favorites!! At one point we saw these feet massager things. We had no idea how they worked or what they would do! But our feet were tired so we decided to try them out!! We were both pretty shocked at the crazy {massage} they gave us!!! =0) It was 25 cents well spent!!

No comments: