Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's Show Time

I love the shows at Disneyland! Love them!! It doesnt matter than I have seen them mutiple times!! They never get old to me!!

One of my classic favorites is Fantasimic!! I still get excited everytime I hear those first few bars of music and see Mickey Mouse waving his arms around!! Pretty sure I have that opening routine almost memorized!! I watched the show, by myself, on my birthday!! I had a really great seat, almost in the very center, in the sitting section. I bought myself a churro and watched all the Mickey Mouse greatness!!!
I also cant miss the fireworks!! I usually hate fireworks!! But something about Disneyland fireworks is so magical and it makes them tolerable! Speaking of magical......... that is the name of the new fireworks show!!! And I had a totally MAGICAL experience with the fireworks this year! After dinner that night, Miranda headed back to the hotel and Stacy and I went to ride The Matterhorn. After the Matterhorn we got a churro (this was my first churro of the trip, okay........) and went to find the perfect spot! It was probably about 8:15 and the show doesnt start until 9:30. Well, the area around the castle was already pretty packed. We walked around the Partners statue to see if there was a place to stand and couldnt see anything, but we did notice a roped off, reserved section. I think I commented about how cool it would be to sit there and wondered out loud who they chose to sit there.
We were not able to find a really close spot so we started walking back towards Main Street and asked a cast member if it was okay to start sitting on the curb. She told us that was fine, but we would have a much better view if we sat on Main Street....... like right in the middle of Main Street........ right where the street kind of ends and starts to make the round. So, Stacy and I sat ourselves down, right in the middle of Main Street and got ready to spend the next hour playing Hungry Hungry Hippos on my phone! We hadnt been there for more than 2 minutres when the cast member came back over! She said something like "So, are you guys pretty determined to hold down that spot until the show starts?"
Well heck yes we are!! She had told us it was the best spot........ I wasnt planning on moving an inch!! She told us to follow her, so we grabbed our stuff and headed toward the Partners statue!!
She told us that she had a reservation for us under the name Shakira!! We walked right up to the reserved section and since we were the first ones there, we got to pick the best seats! Right on the very front row!
I didnt know whether to jump up and down or cry!! It was so awesome!! The view was amazing! And there was no one standing in front of us! We had a perfect view of the castle, the fireworks, Tinker Bell and Dumbo!!
So, so SO amazing and SO magical!! Definetley one of my coolest Disneyland experiences EVER!!!
The other new show is World of Color at California Adventure. You have seen the Belagio fountains in Vegas right?? Okay, this show makes those fountains look like a cheap side show!! It is absolutely AMAZING!! So awesome that we saw it twice!! You have to get a Fast Pass if you want a good viewing area and since we were staying in the Disneyland Hotel, we got first dibs on tickets one day!! We had to get there pretty early to start lining up and then we sat for a long time before the show started! It was a lot of fun though! We had my phone out and we played MadLibs!! We also made a fun new friend named Chloe!! She was so cute! She so excited to be hanging out with us older girls and was so cute coming up with words for MadLibs!! She was also really excited to tell us about how she went on her very first upside down rollercoaster ever (Screamin)! Right before the show started she asked if she could take a picture with us!! Cute huh!! She was so sweet!!
The show was fantastic and totally lives up to its name!! SO much color and LOTS of really good music!! I dont even know how to describe half of what they did!! The way they moved the water sometimes though made it look like it was sparkling!! And when they were singing Under the Sea you really felt like you were under water....... bubbles and all!!!
And I may or may not have cried during part of it................ both times I saw it!!! It is just so fantastic!! I have a few videos posted.... but if you are like me and want to wait until you saw it in person then you dont have to watch them!! But you should at least watch the last video!! It doesnt give a whole lot away!!!




No comments: